Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 2 Better than Day 1

Hi All!! Well...day 2 was definitely better than day one! I was able to get the remaining 3 from day one AND get a new 5 by the evening conference call! YIPPEE! Although no one has yet to sign up for even a business mall...I at least know that I CAN CONTACT THESE PEOPLE. I know that I can do it and it really wasn't that hard (well not that bad anyway).

The 2 ladies I had mentioned yesterday were not there when I called today, but I did get a voice mail from one saying she wouldn't really be able to talk until tomorrow morning, so at least she got back to me. I am still committed to getting both of them to sign up at least for a free business mall.

After listening to the call this evening, something struck me that I thought I would mention about your "warm market". And on this note, I have a little confession to make...I didn't think I would be chosen for the Boot Camp and so I didn't think it was a big deal that I went on vacation this week...my family is on a vacation in Colorado for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday until Sunday!! So I have been away from home, away from a true land-line, away from my neighborhood, etc. since this all began. However, once I received the email last Saturday when I was boarding the plane, I VOWED that I would not let these obstacles slow me down and I would do whatever it took to meet and surpass the requirements that Ginny & Jacki had set to be a part of this Reality Boot Camp. Even in the line for the ski-lift today, I at least handed one of the attendants an invitation card; and although I didn't get his information (I didn't count it as one of the 5), I at least felt a little rush thinking that maybe he'll look at it? But back to the warm market...I KNEW that my location would be a challenge, so I started thinking about the people I could contact to get my 5 contacts for the day. What did I do besides hand out fliers on the ski lift and hotel lobby (which I met a great lady with out a computer but wanted to sign-up)? I went to my email/contact list. For every person that I had an email address for, I would check to see if I had their phone number. This includes personal friends, business contacts (from business cards), ebay buyers from the past (I have been selling on ebay for 7 years), etc. And what did I do? I picked up the phone and started dialing!

I had one previous ebay buyer that was a little confused at first, but then I explained that I was not trying to sell her anything, I just wanted to share some information with her about an opportunity I was a part of and that I could use her help. She lives in Texas and so she asked me if I was a Longhorn or an Aggie. For those of you not from Texas, this can make or break a conversation! Well I thought my chances were 50/50, so I told the truth...I was an Aggie, Class of '94. The response: "Well of course I'll look at what you've got to show me honey! You just send that little link over and I'll take a look at your site." BOOM! that was easy...I did also say to her that I was trying to help 10 people make $2000 a month over the next 60 days and her response, "Shoot, if you can make me $200 in the next 60 days, then you've got a deal!" To me this was exactly what Ginny was talking about, just finding what it will take for someone to become a part of your group and get them to their financial goals. Of course, with the late timing again, she has not signed up, but I think that tomorrow on Day 3, I will be able to follow-up with all of those people I have sent the link to and get some great results.

MPM Rocks!

Best of everything to all!

Lisa J

2 comments:

Jean's Global Village said...

Hi, Lisa,

Do you remember those old Yellow Pages commercials that said "let your fingers do the walking"? Well that seems to be the key to Week One of Boot Camp for you!

Hope the ski trip is fun!

One of the things you wrote made a big impression on me. You called this an opportunity you are part of. That's so great--you are giving people the information about this program while you are implicitly stating that you will be part of it all along the way.

The kind of networks we are building have a built-in support structure, and that's a truly great thing!

Keep up the calls, Lisa. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jean

Ginny Dye said...

Wow! Okay, I am officially blown away - and totally impressed that you are doing all this while on a ski vacation! Way to go! To say I am proud of you would be putting it mildly. Have fun - skiing AND building. :)

Ginny