Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 5 - it's really coming together, I think?

Well you all know how I'm on a family vacation until Sunday, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem, and it hasn't slowed me down a bit, but the internet connection was a different story!! After the call on Wednesday night, I was just sitting down to enter in my 5 contacts for the day and wouldn't you know it NO INTERNET!! After trying numerous fixes, still nothing. So after calling the front desk, I was informed that since the next day was Thanksgiving that they wouldn't be able to get to it until sometime Friday. Needless to say, I WAS FREAKING OUT! I had done my part and moved my beans, but I couldn't enter in any information. I didn't want Ginny or Jackie to think I was slacking or not following the rules. It really made me think about how much this opportunity means to me and what I was getting out of the experience. Not to mention, that reading the blogs everyday is something that I totally look forward to. So for the last 2 days, I have been going through withdrawal.

But now the problem seems to be fixed, so life is good again!

Well I was able to get my 5 contacts again today and it is just so much easier than the beginning of the week. I almost don't feel like the same scared person, I am definitely more confident walking up to a total stranger. I think also because I seem more relaxed people are more willing to give me their information. Before I was like "Um, I need your email, um oh and your phone number...but I won't sell your information or anything...it's this reality boot camp thing..." and I think people must have thought I was a crazy lady or something! But now, I sound more self-assure and instead of taking 4 hours to get a contact, I got all 5 in about an hour today. Also, I think that it is easier to tell someone about your foundation mall and what MPM stands for instead of "selling them".

Well, I'm off to watch "The Polar Express" with the boys and figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow to get my 5 people. I always try something new (a different store, calling contacts, etc.). I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I'll write tomorrow!

Lisa

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Wow, Lisa! I am so proud of you and so impressed with what you are doing. It's obvious how your confidence is growing and it's great to see! I know that as you follow-up you will have great success with these people. Congratulations!