Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 2 has begun!

Well, listening to the call this morning was a little challenge, but I know once we all get into the habit, it will improve! I was very glad to hear about the new business partner idea, it seems to be another avenue to get WCMs! Now that I'm "back to reality" here in Texas, I was excited to hear about this part of the business. I am one of those people that "collects" business cards...you just never know when they will be needed, and wouldn't you know it, now's the time! I think it is a huge advantage also that either I have already spoken with them before about a business service or idea, or they have wanted me to use their services. We already have a relationship and all I'm going to do is let them know how I can help make their business better.

Now a little about me. This morning has been tough. Sometimes I feel as though I am pulled in 1000 different directions and everyone wants something from me. I know that everyone has their challenges and things they have to do, but wow it is just so tough.

For example, my parents are not in good health. My father has Cancer and my mother had kidney disease and goes on dialysis 3 days a week. Both of their prognoses are not good. My father has the attitude (like I would) that you have to live each day to the fullest and enjoy the time you have. My mother is different and she is more pessimistic and doesn't see the bright side of life. Not to sound mean, that's just the way she is. Last January, we sold their house and moved them into a retirement center, thinking that we would have a place for them to enjoy the little time they had left. The money they got from the sale pays their rent of $2800/month...it ran out last month. With their social security they can cover about 1/2 of the cost, with nothing left over for anything else. So of course, I have made up the difference + for these 2 months, even though I don't really know where the money came from! So for me, this boot camp will make a HUGE difference in my life. Right now, my stress level is code red!

I hate to make it sound like a pitty party for me, I do have wonderful things in my life too! My youngest son is 2 years old today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDEN! He and his brother Parker are truly the shining stars in my life and I thank G-d for them everyday.

So now onto getting my 5 + contacts for the day. Before I go out, I am going to read my magic beans pledge once more so that I can really believe in myself and know that I can do it.

I hope to blog later today and let you know how it went. Best wishes to all trying to make a difference!

Lisa

2 comments:

Tina Katz said...

Hello Lisa,
No pity party here! You have a lot going on and you need to vent it somewhere. We are all family here. I know that 7 years ago now, that year for me was so hard. My mother in law went into the hospital, my daughter and then two months later on my birthday they told me I had breast cancer(I am fine now) My mother in-law did pass that year. I only have this to say, that year has taught me and made me discover alot about myself, others and just life itself. And how much I Can handle. These things that are happening right now, would normally be something that would hold someone back from doing what you are doing. Not you, you are making it drive you harder and that is something that will make you shine! Keep it up! You can do it! We are all behind you!
tina from New York

lisa said...

Thanks Tina! It is really amazing what you can do when you put your mind up to it. It's just with the holidays and everything, it seems as if there just aren't enough hours in the day. On a side note...my maiden name is Katz...small world huh? I hope you have a great day! Keep up the good work as well. If you ever want to talk, let me know.