Thursday, January 22, 2009

Feeling better

I feel better today. I loaded up on vitamin C and cold medicine, so it seems to be working. Nothing like being a mom and sick, you still don't get a break! So this morning when I dropped the kids at school, I asked their teacher if she was still interested in signing up and she told me she had some problems. She told me that she isn't very good with computers, so I offered to walk her through it tonight. Well...I called her at 8:00 like we had planned and she didn't answer. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm sure it was just a mis-understanding because when I talked with her this morning, there was no indication that she was trying to brush me off. So no sign-up yet. I'm the first to admit that life gets in the way sometimes, so I will just keep trying.

I attempted to make more phone calls again today, but only got voice mails and a couple of housekeepers. It is a little frustrating sometimes, because all I want to do is talk with a live person! But I will keep trying.

I was on Facebook alot today since I am losing my voice, catching up with old high school friends that I haven't seen in over 20 years. I put on my status today that I was buying toilet paper online and not paying for tax or shipping, so maybe I'll get a couple of people asking me about it. I am going to send a message to the friends I have on FB and tell them how they can shop as well. Most don't have their phone numbers listed, but I will send them emails and tell them what I am working towards. All-in-all, I think that there will be many interested prospects.

I sent out 3 letters to schools today. They are preschools that my son has attended, so I do have a personal relationship with the school. I made sure to mention his name as well as the teacher's name in the letter. I hope to be able to set something up to visit them next week. One of the schools is associated with a Jewish organization that raises money for Israel. I know they try to get people to donate all the time for their cause, so I think I am going to approach them from the stance that they can help raise money for the school, the parents, and their foundation all at the same time.

I really did buy TP today ONLINE! It was pretty cool because as those of you with kids will attest to, the grocery store can become a nightmare when shopping with the kiddos! I got the shopping alert today and there were comparisons for several of the stores on the mall. I used to live in Michigan, so when I saw that Meijer was on there and their rebate is higher than Wal-Mart, I couldn't say no!

So that's it for tonight. Hope everyone sleeps well.

Lisa

No comments: