Thursday, January 8, 2009

My status

Hello everyone. I am checking in to let you know that I have not given up on My Power Mall, but this has been a very trying week. On Monday, I had phone/Internet problems (since they are tied together, I felt like I was on a deserted island). But Tuesday, after the morning call, I was finishing some of the other New Year's letters I was planning to send to some local businesses when I got a call from the respit care facility my father was in. I was told that he could not go home as planned on Wednesday because he was too sick. He has terminal cancer and has been fighting the disease since 2001. Of course, we had been told before that this disease would eventually lead to the end, but you never really think it will until it really starts to happen. So he was taken to the hospital, but after a day there, the hospital told us that he could not stay there because there was nothing "medical" that they could do. My mother and I were trying to find a place for him since 24-hour nursing care was completely out of the picture due to the cost. Finally, we found an inpatient hospice for him to go to. He was moved there last night and as of now, he continues to fight, although both my mother and I realize that the end is near. I cannot really express what I am feeling now, I am just going through the motions.

I know that my dad is proud of me...we had talked about My Power Mall and what I was doing, so he always told me to follow my dreams, but make them reality. So that is what I am going to do for him and myself. I am just taking this time to spend with my family and my dad.

I just want you all to know how much I care for each of you and that I am inspired by all of your stories and what you have accomplished.

I will be back to post again and tell you all about the interesting things that have happened to me over the holidays and what I have in store for my business. It is really great! I hope to be back in full by Monday.

6 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Lisa,

We will continue to hold you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Like your Dad, we're all proud of you, too.

Jacki Varacalli said...

Hang in there Lisa. When you come back we can't wait to hear all about your plan but take care of you and your family first.

We are here if you ever need to talk.

-Jacki

bestblinddate said...

Nothing is more important than what you are doing right now Lisa. I am happy you had what sounds like many good times with your dad and am so sorry you have to watch as he fades from this life. He is indeed proud of you... and so are a lot of other people... including me. Stay strong and take good care of yourself. You are much loved :-)

Tina Katz said...

Lisa,
I just heard your father just passed. I am so sorry. Find comfort in knowing that he is at peace now. My heart goes out to you and your family. Know that your dad will be by your side always to give you a helping hand to make a difference in the world. I am sure he is sooooo proud of you and what you are doing. I lost my dad when I was 20 and my brother when he was 15 and I was 26, and my mom when I was 32. I know that they help me focus on my why everyday.May hes force be with you. God Bless! And may he rest in peace.
Tina from new york

Unknown said...

Lisa, just want you to know our prayers are with you.

Big Z and his Mom said...

Lisa,

We heard the news of your father's passing just as I was dropping Big Z at school. I agree with Jacki -- Take care of you and your family first. He's had a long and courageous struggle and now is at rest. May the peace that you now know he's in comfort you. And, may you feel him by your side as Tina said, forever within reach. Try to get your rest whenever you can. Hugs from us to you.