Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let's get this right

I think my computer has it out for me...this should have been posted last night!

Dealing with a sick child, I thought I wouldn't get anything done today, but surprisingly, I was able to talk with 3 different people today and got good contacts. One was a stay-at-home mom who was at the doctor's office. While we were in the waiting room, we just started talking and MPM just started to flow into the conversation. I got her information and am supposed to follow-up with her on Thursday.

I finally met the property manager that I have been dealing with for over a year on the phone and I just came right out with how I was looking for people to partner with on my business venture. She gave me her information and told me she would take a look. We had been speaking about the different things that tenants leave in houses after they leave. She said that she used them in garage sales to make extra money. So when I told her about MPM and how I thought it would be a great compliment to what she was already doing, she seemed to agree. I will be speaking with her on a regular basis, so I hope that was a good contact.

Finally, I talked with a friend of mine who's husband just lost her job. She was talking about how hard things could get. I offered to help in any way that I could, but I told her about MPM so that she would at least have some information. Even if she only signs up for a business mall, she could be helping out her family.

I tried to call the 5 different NPOs that were on my list for today while in the car between school drop-offs and the doctor's office, but got only voice mails. I will try those again tomorrow as well as the next 5.

I am excited about the marketing videos! They will be an awesome addition.

The good news is that my son is definitely feeling better tonight. He sounds terrible, but he wants to play with toys again, so that is a good sign! Anyway, that's it for tonight.

AND THIS IS TONIGHT'S ENTRY:

So I was happily surprised to get the marketing videos from Lost Marble in my inbox this morning. I immediately posted one of them on facebook and asked people to check it out and let me know if there was anything they saw. I got quite a few people asking about it or telling me to let them know how it was going. I think I'm going to put my progress on there daily so they can see how great MPM is. Also, I put a quick blurb on there that went something like this: "Lisa is wondering if anyone wants a home-based business anymore? Do you all want to work for the MAN for the rest of your life? hehe". Any wouldn't you know it, I got a response or two or four! I had people asking me what I was doing and made several good contacts. I think I'm going to either call (if I have their phone number) or email them and finish the discussion.

I have (or am supposed to have by the time this is posted) a new World Changer. It is the preschool teacher from the first week in boot camp! I was walking her through everything earlier and she was supposed to complete it when she verified her credit card address. It's funny, because although I am very glad to have her, I never thought those early contacts would amount to anything because I felt like such a babbling idiot! However, with regular follow-up, I was able to turn the situation around. I am very happy to work with her. I believe in her potential and I hope that she will see that as well.

I called all of the NPOs on my list for today and again, no actual response. I did get live people - secretaries, as well as answering machines, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I can't wait to be a radio star (wink, wink) and so I will be on the call in the morning. Hope everyone has a great evening. Bye!

2 comments:

Tina Katz said...

great job! and I am glad your son is feeling better!
tina from ny

Big Z and his Mom said...

Way to go Mom/Lisa!!!
Incredible. I'm sure you DID post your blog on time . . .

You're doing an awesomely inspiring job. Can't wait to hear how Super Bowl Sunday will turn out ;-).

Enjoy.