Tuesday, January 20, 2009

today's progress

I think it was a pretty good day for me. I am healing with every day that goes by. Of course, I have my moments, sometimes more than a few each day, but I am trying as hard as I can to move from a place of sorrow to a place of hope. I was watching the inauguration ceremonies today and it was SO moving for me. I have always been a participant in the voting process. I learned at an early age from my father that to vote is a privilege that we as Americans should embrace and exercise our voice to choose who we will allow to govern our nation. I knew that if my father were sitting next to me, he would have been just as moved. I don't think that it matters if you are democrat, republican, or other, the start of a new presidency always signals hope to me. Hope that the future can be better than the past. So that is how I approached my business today. That today was the start of a new beginning. A new way to tackle my fears and get outside the box.

The first thing I did was to decide to focus my efforts on one or two aspects of MPM. I felt as if before I was using the shotgun approach and not hitting anything!! I was rewarded with 40 NPOs for shopping and since I have the info and I have been trying to do most of my contacting with NPOs and individuals, this is what I am going to focus on. Now mind you, if I find a local business, I'm not going to deny them :). I just feel that this is where I can make the greatest impact. So I printed out letters to mail to each of the NPOs and I will start with 10 tomorrow sending emails and making phone calls to their contact person.

I tried again to follow-up with my fundraising gal, and left another message. Nothing too serious, but I did leave the ball in her court to contact me in the future. She seemed so excited first, so I am not sure what happened. I think she may have been unsure because I was so new to MPM. I do feel confident though in my presentation as I did go over with her the potential numbers for only a 5% success rate. With only team pay and sales, she would have been raising about $4300/month, but I guess she just didn't believe it. Perhaps in a few months, when I am making that much money for my own foundation mall, then she will see the light! I decided to move her to the "contact 1x week" list. Who knows, maybe she'll see the value to her in the future. But for me, it is time to move on...NEXT!

I spoke with my son's preschool teacher for a bit today. She was one of my 1st contacts when we started boot camp. I had attempted follow-up a few times, but after a couple of messages with no return call, I decided to just email her once a week. Always leaving the door open and today, she walked in! She was asking me quite a few questions today, and I have a follow-up call with her tomorrow evening. I tried to get her tonight, but she said she was busy. I was planning on sending the school director an email this week, but maybe if I can get her to sign up first, it might be an easy way in to speak with her. They do all kinds of fundraisers throughout the year (books, greeting cards, candles, Chick-Fil-A Spirit nights), so I know the school would be open to hear ideas for fundraising. This is one of my priorities for the week.

On a final note, I used 1&1 Internet (on the mall) this week to get a domain name for my mpm site. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner, because it makes so much sense to me now that I see it. This was another reason I am starting to focus on NPOs and churches and schools. The name is www.easyfundraisingforfun.com. I thought it was a great fit!

I hope everyone has a great night and I'll see you tomorrow.

Lisa

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi Lisa,

Congrats on your reward of NPO leads. That's GREAT. And, KUDOS on your new domain name . . . It really is helpful when you're getting the word out. Enjoy.