Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leads, leads, leads

Today was a good day. I was on the blogtalk radio call this morning and I LOVE the idea! Simply for the fact that anyone can log in while on their computer and listen without having to be on a phone. I think this will open up many more interested people. I enjoyed it so much, that I think I might do my own show as well!! I am going to figure out what works for me, i.e. what my angle would be. I think the stay-at-home-mom route that earns money for the family as well would be right.

After the call, I went to meet my mom for lunch at her retirement center. While I was there, I stopped by the director's office and talked with her for a few minutes. She was a great help to us when my dad was going through his last few weeks. I outlined a little more about what I would like to do at the center with MPM and the donation of my dad's old computer. She thought it would be a great addition to the other activities that they plan every week. I asked her to look at the site for herself and she said she would. What I would like to do is have a mini-clinic once a week to go over the benefits of MPM and a World Changer Mall. I do think that some of the seniors might need a little more in-person training than the MPM 101 training, so I have no problem going by there and helping out. It's actually one of my favorite ways to volunteer. When I was little, my grandmother and I used to volunteer at a senior center every summer. I was able to log over 10,000 volunteer hours over about 8 summers. Until she passed away, she had over 100,000 volunteer hours and was recognized by the mayor of Houston for her years of service. I truly believe this is where I learned about giving. I guess my point is that this is going to be one of the easiest and most rewarding tasks I've done during this boot camp. I told her that I would be able to get the computer up and running by Tuesday.

When I got back from lunch with mom, I called the NPOs again...no answers or voice mails. I hope to get one of them to sign up. I really want to work to help these groups that need it.

Finally today, I called some of my "magic leads" as I am calling them. I am referring to them like this because they are AWESOME! I mentioned on the call this morning that a friend of mine who used to be in a MLM told me she wasn't interested in doing MPM right now because she was just burnt out on the whole referral process. She has a great job and just wanted to take time off of any other kind of opportunity for awhile. I tried to explain a bit about how MPM works but she just really didn't want to hear about it. Well OK, that's fine. I am not one to pressure anyone by any means. What she did for me though instead of signing up was that she GAVE me over 500 leads that she had paid for previously, but never contacted. Now mind you, some of them are outdated and the information is not correct on all of the cards, but almost all of the ones that I have actually been able to get in contact with have turned out great. These people are definitely looking for an opportunity - I just hope that it is My Power Mall that they go to.

I hope everyone has a great night! Lisa

3 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Lisa,

You ROCK! One of Houston's top Givers, eh!! I'm glad your Mom is going to check things out so that you can strategize with her. It will do you both good, surely. And, I was so happy for you that your friend GAVE you MAGIC leads. And, if you DO your radio show, you'll be fantastic at it. Congrats! I'm glad your little one is now feeling better ;-).

Tina Katz said...

You learned how to give from the best...grandma. That is a beautiful memory. I think the leads don't have the magic...you do! It's working for you! Go Girl! Go! Glad your son is better.I remember when my 3 girls got sick like that.....we had 1 bathroom. And most of the time, My husband and I had it too. It was very rough! To say the least. I think you are going to have allot of fun getting the elderly and wiser started. You will be responsible for bringing them much joy. Not only an extra income, being able to send things to their loved ones, being able to shop at home, setting up college funds etc., but can you imagine the joy they will have when they get into the My Power Mall family? The whole vision, support and feeling of someone believing in them. Some of them feeling lonely and out of the loop of belonging or feeling they are contributing and not burdening. WOW! I think this will be very theraputic to you and your mom .....BIG TIME! YOUR FATHER IS SO PROUD! He will be with you every step......Watcing you swim in the fish bowl.
tina from ny

Big Z and his Mom said...

LISA!!!!!

Jacki just told us your news . . . We send you love and our prayers and good thoughts as you recover from your surgery. WOW. Ain't nothing like the Universe telling you to slow down, eh? Thank your husband for delivering your message to the Campers ;-). And, I hope assistance has come to your aid for your kiddos and your husband while you're getting your strength back.

And, WOW, hearing about your Super Bowl party before your appendix ruptured was Super Incredible. 75 people! That's absolutely amazing considering you said you've only relocated recently to that area. Congratulations on a job well done. Keeping your Mom in our thoughts, too, hoping she's not too worried over you. She's gotta know you've got the bounce-back-get-back-up-Mama-Spirit. Keep smiling.