Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i'm sick...boo!

For those of you that have been sick lately, thanks for passing it along!! I'm feeling pretty yucky today. I feel like it's allergy season in January! Anyway, since I sound like a clogged mess, I didn't get to really speak with anyone on the phone. I tried and the two people I did speak with told me to call them when I'm feeling better. So I just got to do more letters, which for me is nice because it has now become a challenge to find creative ways to grab their attention.

My son's preschool teacher is supposed to sign up tonight! I spoke with her in person today and she had said that she looked at the site and thought it was an interesting idea. I told her that I could help her every step of the way. She told me to go home and feel better and if she had any hurdles to overcome that she would call me tomorrow. Hopefully she won't have any problems, but I'm going to call her tomorrow and make sure that everything is OK. I also told her that I wanted to talk with the school administrator and she was open to helping me with that. I'm going to go over the numbers with her so that when we walk into the office she will understand what I'm presenting.

I called some of the non-profits today that I got from the shopping contest to verify the information and most were correct, but some of them had changed or the person that I should be talking with was different. I also was able to find out a little bit about their mission so that I can be clear as to what they need. I didn't want to mention animal rescue if it was a women's shelter!

Tomorrow, I am going to make a few more calls as well as send out my 1 x per week emails. I try to do it on Wednesday or Thursday, because I think most people get alot of emails in the beginning of the week, so I don't want to get deleted.

I'm going to take some cold medicine and go night night. Bye everyone!

Lisa

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi Lisa,

Hope you're feeling better real soon!!! Your voice on the call tonight sounds pretty rough . . . But, I give you huge rounds of celebration and clapping for roaring through your day in spite of it. Will be looking forward to a great post after you speak with your son's pre-school teacher.

Rest well tonight, Lisa. Keep your strength.