Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Friday!

I love Fridays! Although I don't have a 9 to 5, I have a 24/7 with the kiddos, I still enjoy the feeling you get when it's a Friday. I guess the stresses of the week start to melt away and I relax into the weekend. I was not sure if I would get all 5 contacts today because the day was jam-packed with doctor's appointments and errands, but it was surprising how much I was able to fit in here and there.

I spoke with a friend of mine who also happens to be a manager at the hair salon that I go to. While I was sitting in her chair, I started to talk about MPM and how the business partnership program would greatly benefit the salon. They send out the coupons in the mail and have fliers sitting in the waiting area, so I told her about how we are able to advertise local merchants and the cost is only $15.95 a month. What was even better was how I explained to her that in the very near future, that cost could be covered with others that join and just do their basic everyday purchases. I promised that I would drop off some more information next week for her to look over, but I directed her for now to the biz site. I wasn't even trying and I got one!

My son's teacher had a family emergency and had to go up to Michigan for her sister. She broke her leg and has small children at home, so my friend went to help her out. I found this out this morning when I dropped my son at school. PHEW! was all I could think, because I know that she wasn't brushing me off! Of course, I feel bad for the lady that broke her leg, but maybe I can now show this to her sister and she can make some money while recuperating.

The other contacts I made today were online. They are former customers of mine and I just called them while I was out. I decided to take the list with me in my purse, so that whenever I get a chance, I can pull it out when I need it.

I am going to try and do almost all follow-ups on Monday. I need to get in front of these people's minds again!

Have a great night!

Lisa

3 comments:

bestblinddate said...

Way to go Lisa... a hair do and a great contact! Woo Hoo! Now that's what I call multi tasking :-) Have a fun weekend!

Big Z and his Mom said...

I'm with you on the Friday Joy, Lisa. The "schedule" takes more of a back seat to Life and it's good ;-). You're hitting your stride again now that you're feeling better, Lisa. Good results are coming to you, and to all of us as we keep being consistent and persistent. If you get the chance, let your son's teacher know we're trusting her sister heals up very quickly. Have a great weekend ;-).

Tina Katz said...

I am glad that your cold is better. It sounds like you are getting back in the groove of things. Hope you have a great weekend!
Tina from ny