Thursday, December 4, 2008

BLOG! BLOG! BLOG!

That is what I should have printed on my forehead! I didn't do it intentionally, but I missed writing in the blog yesterday, because of the darned YouTube video I was trying to create. I got my 5 contacts yesterday and had a business mall sign-up, so things were good. Of course, I was TRYING to make sure I was following the boot camp rules and get my 2 videos done in the week so that they could be posted on the daily report. You see, I am pretty good at figuring out internet stuff, but for some reson, I just could not get a video to work. My husband promised he would help me for the last 3 days, but when he gets home from work at 9 0'clock at night, I sometimes feel guilty asking him. So last night, I was determined to get this going on YouTube, and I worked on it for a few hours, recorded 3 different videos with a few variations because I didn't think the first two took :), and finally, I was able to put my YouTube link in my daily report. SUCCESS (or so I thought, because I FORGOT to blog afterward).

So sorry folks!! I didn't mean to miss, and I assure you, that it won't happen again. These blogs are really great because I get to express what is going on and what I'm feeling about the experience. It's almost like therapy, hehe!

Today, I FINALLY get to go out of the house and make more contacts. I am preparing a letter to email and snail mail to send out to the 500+ customers that I have sold ebay items to in the last year. Some I have phone numbers for and some I don't. but I'm going to give it a try anyway. After hearing the call this morning about the follow-up after months have gone by, it really made me think about these people. I am basically using a form letter for every one, but in it, I have a place to reference the item they purchased from me as well as the date, so that they will know that I am a real person. I hope that it will make me stand out as a person that remembers them!

Anyway, I will most definitely blog again later today and let you know how it is going.

Have a fantastic day!

Lisa

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Lisa,

I love your creativity in finding ways to share your business. And, congratulations on getting a Business Mall signup!

Ginny