Monday, December 1, 2008

The lengths we'll go to get a contact!!

I know I wrote in earlier today about how I was feeling a little down, but wait until you hear this story and you'll feel better too! So after getting everything unpacked, in the laundry, house in order, etc., I went out to run my errands and collect my 5 contacts for the day. I got the first one at my first stop - the gas station. He was our plumber when we were building our house. That one was easy. Next to ACE hardware to drop off some packages at their postal stop. Got the next two from two of the employees I see every week. OK, so now I need 2 more and I was starving! So I stopped at the local burrito place and started to chat with the counter girl while she was making my burrito. She ended up being a contact because, as she said, "I was so friendly". But the most interesting part was that their POS system wasn't working so she handed me my burrito for FREE! I thought, "SWEET! Thank you karma for being so nice to me and know that I was having a bad day so you helped me get at least 4 contacts and a free burrito!

Well I had spent a little too much time there being so nice, so I was late to pick up the boys from mom's day out. I don't recommend it, but I was speeding down the freeway so I wouldn't be late, late and wouldn't you know it...flashing red lights and a siren!!! So cursing karma, I pulled over and when the officer came to the window, I just knew he was going to write me a ticket for going 70 in a 55. I proceeded to gather my license and insurance card and rolled down my window. I will give the rest of the story in conversation form:

Me: Hello sir.

Officer: Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?

Me: Well I know I was going faster than the posted sign, but I'm not too sure. You see, I was late to pick up my boys from school because I was talking to this stranger about my Reality Boot Camp and I lost track of time.

Officer: Reality Who?

Me: It's a World Changer Reality Boot Camp Sir. You see, I have to speak with 5 people a day and tell them about My Power Mall. It's an online shopping mall where you can receive rebates for you everyday purchases like toilet paper, toothpaste, gas, groceries, etc. Also, I am helping my local Houston Walk for Autism Charity in the process. Side Note: (I REALLY wanted to say donuts, but he seemed interested so I didn't want to really make him mad). I just got caught up with my conversation and then I realized I was going to be late, hence I was speeding.

Officer: (Sarcastically) This is one of the best excuses that I have ever heard my friend.

Me: No really, it's true! You see here's one of my cards. (I pulled out a WCRBC card from my bag and handed it to him. He looked it over and read the information).

Officer: Well, ok...just please slow down. (He started to hand me back the card and my license).

Me: Wait! if you wouldn't mind, can I have your name, email and phone number? You see, I only have 4 of the required 5 contacts, and you seem like a nice person...would you be number 5? I am trying to build a team of World Changers just like me and I would love to work with someone like you. (And wouldn't you know it - BAM! Number 5 baby! And I didn't get the ticket either!)

So thank you karma, but most of all, thank you Ginny & Jackie for showing me that there is no wrong time to get a contact!

Have a great night folks!

5 comments:

World Changer Boot Camp said...

That's awesome Lisa ~ Way to Go!

Jacki Varacalli said...

That is the best "contact" story ever. Lisa, between building on the slopes and while getting out of a speeding ticket - there is nothing that can stop you from reaching your goal! -Jacki

Tina Katz said...

Hello Lisa,
You had me on the floor laughing! I went through a simalar situation with a cop that pulled me over, he almost rented my cottage.But, we did not have that date available for him.My brother and I was working in that house from 5:00am to 1am drove a half hour to another house. I was so tired I guess I was driving a little like a new york city driver that I am.(this is properties in the country 7 hrs were I live). He probably figured that it was so late that I was one of the town drunks. No matter where, or how busy you are you will find the contacts or they will find you. Hooo HOOO! Cool story! Hope you get him. I cannot wait for him to tell the story how he got into MPM.
Tina-New york

Ginny Dye said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard! :) I'm with Jacki - if you can build on the slopes and while you're stopped for speeding, nothing can stop you! And just think of the story this guy will have to tell when asked about how he discovered My Power Mall! This one will certainly go down in infamy. :)

I'm SO proud of you!
Ginny

SouthernStar said...

Lisa - hillarious - way to go girl! You managed to lift my spirits - thanks.

Linda