Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Break time - but I thought I would still share

You know, it's funny how much the daily requirements have become habit...I know that I won't have to go to the call tomorrow, but I still feel the need to share here how my day went. Yesterday, I said I had an appointment with someone and I was hopefully going to sign her up on a World Changer. She re-scheduled today, because her daughter was sick. Of course I don't want to take any time away from her family, I know that's not what MPM is about! We did set a firm date to chat and sign her up for Thursday, so at least I know it will eventually happen!

I also wanted to let everyone know about a website that I found today, that is very similar to the one that Linda B was telling us about the other day. It is called www.meetup.com and you can search for meeting groups in your zip code and surrounding areas. Also, if for some reason there isn't a local group in your area, then you can always start your own meeting. I found it very helpful because there are several groups in my area that allow you to give your 3 minute "elevator speech" as well as bring fliers, business cards, marketing materials, etc. So I will attend those meetings and gather as many contacts as I can. Also, since they are like-minded in that they too, want to get business ideas, I am hopeful that they will become great World Changers!

Anyway, I wanted to tell everyone that if they want to send me messages throughout the holiday break, I will check emails and such daily.

Have a great night!

Lisa

2 comments:

bestblinddate said...

Way to go Lisa! A lot of people would have taken it personally or something... but you are right we all have life's ups and downs to deal with. Thanks for the new link too! Aletha

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Lisa,

What a fabulous connection. You are soon going to be the MPM Queen in your business community. :) It's just such a natural fit and you're going to have a blast!

Ginny