Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stuck at home today :(

You know it's funny...if you had asked me two weeks ago if I would be excited about talking to strangers, I would have told you to go jump in the lake. But now, only just a little over a week in this Reality Boot Camp, I was REALLY bummed to have to spend all day in the house and not go out and meet people. We are having shutters installed on our windows, so who gets to be there - mommy! but I did make use of the time and tried to follow up with all of the people that I have contacted about this opportunity as well as call a few others and get the contacts for today.

I'll reference the blog yesterday about my parents. We were talking today about what to do about their "situation" and I believe we have found a solution to their "rent challenges". They are going to move into a rental house of my husbands, that is vacant. They won't have to pay for rent, but their utilities/food/gas/medicines/etc. might be covered by their Social Security, and it might not. So I started to tell my dad about My Power Mall and all of the wonderful things it has to offer and the incentives (i.e. gas rebates). He is 67 years old, so some of the technical stuff was a little over his head, but he does have email and access to a computer, so I think he's going to set up a WCM, just for these great perks that come with it! And then it hit me! Sometimes the idea of starting a "business" can be quite daunting for some people, but saving money on gas every month is a little easier to handle for the psyche. I think if we can break it down for people, the answer yes will become more frequent.

Anyway, no really funny stories today, just gathered my 5 and followed up with the others. I'll be out of the house tomorrow, so you never know what kind of adventures I'll run into! Gotta have fun people!

Take care,
Lisa

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Thank you for sharing about your parent's challenges. So many of us know so many people in the same situation. My Power Mall truly is the answer for them and I'm going to keep working to communicate in such a way that it will be a true no-brainer! I am so proud of you!

Ginny