Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday of Week 3 - Yippee!!

It has been a great week! What started off a little slow, has definitely picked up for me. The call this morning really did help me to understand a little better about follow-up. Also, it made me realize that some people are going to understand and "get it" right away (like I did for sure), while others will need that extra time to ask questions and have THEIR fears assuaged. So armed with my script, I started calling people to follow-up. Unfortunately, NONE of them answered!!! So I did leave voice mails just letting them know I was available to answer any questions they may have as well as see if we could meet for coffee. I figured that if I had to have all 60 people meet me at the local Starbucks with my laptop so I could help them sign-up, then so be it. If that happens, I may be the most wired person on the planet, but hey, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a World Changer!

After my round of phone calls, I went out to shop and get contacts. This weekend, I am preparing to get my fresh list of businesses to contact, so I just drove around the neighborhoods and made mental notes of where I would drive by on Monday. There are insurance offices, small single-owner novelty stores, car repair shops, etc. I should be able to get to at least 15-20 businesses just on my normal route. I also stopped at the local postal center (one of those places where you can mail using any carrier) and I noticed a table full of business cards. It was kind of like a swap-meet for business cards! So I gathered every single card and left about 20 of my Boot Camp cards on the table. I plan to get in touch with these people and use the script that Linda B gave us, since I know these people are looking for business!

I also spoke with my son's pre-school teacher and the assistant today about a World Changer Mall. It is a church school, so I know they always need fundraising. I'll see what we can do together.

That's about it folks! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lisa

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Wow, Lisa. Score on the business cards. This morning, I was tidying up a bit, and as I gathered my son's collection of business cards, I thought: He's been onto this all along! LOL Really, he's only been attracted to having something of his own to take with him, and, that each of them are different. Keep up your positive attitude. I'm smiling and chuckling . . .

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Lisa,

I so love your approach to life and your approach to your business - from doing your first week on the ski lifts, to harvesting business cards at the Post office. I am so proud of you and so thrilled to be doing Boot Camp with you!

Ginny