Friday, December 19, 2008

Something else to share

I'm glad that we can still have calls if we want to. This week has been a little tough. I have had a pretty rough day, but I am pressing on. I have mentioned that I am an eBay seller and I have been using some of the people I sold items to and contacting them about MPM. Most have their objections, but a couple have said that they would at least think about it. So that's a start. But yesterday, I was informed by eBay that they were going to place my account on temporary suspension for 30 days...this was a HUGE blow to my monthly income. I rely on my eBay sales to pay for the everyday things that I need, until I can "retire" from the site with MPM. The reason they gave is that in the last 30 days, I have had 3 buyers that have given me negative ratings as a seller. I will not say that the transactions were perfect, because they were not, as I had to refund their money because I did not have the item that they wanted any longer. It was my mistake entirely as I didn't catch that the item was still listed before they purchased it. I was upfront and honest with them about the situation and gave a refund immediately. Apparently, they did not understand and thought that I was an unreliable seller, hence the negative rating. For those of you that don't know, a negative rating can be the kiss of death apparently. It doesn't matter that I have been selling for over 7 years and only received 3 negative comments before this for the entire 7 years, eBay only looks at the last 30 days. I know I'm venting about this, but I almost feel as though I was fired today! So in the aftermath of the grief process (I feel as though I went through the 7 stages of grief today, including anger, denial, sadness, etc.), all I could think of was - "What am I going to do? Christmas is a week away, I still have things to buy, how am I going to make it?" And then I got a Someone Believes in You email...I know they are sent out everyday, and I try to read them at least every other day, but I decided to read this one. Afterwards, I did feel better. I know that I am not alone, I know that there are others that are in worse situations than I am, and I know that I have something that can help me - My Power Mall.

So all this told me today was that I need to continue doing the things that will make me successful in this business, and that maybe my "firing" is not such a bad thing after all.

Now enough of that, I want to share something that I found today on the site I mentioned the other day (www.meetup.com). I was going through some of the other groups on the site in my area, and I found one that is a group for charities to get together and share different ways of fundraising!! I almost fell out of the chair when I read their mission:

"www.charityworkshop.com was started to help charities to begin to network and work together to accomplish common goals within communities. We want to encourage new "out of the box" fundraising ideas. Please join us for discussions on fundraising, public education/ awareness techniques, and volunteer recruiting/ sharing."

This is definitely a lighting-bolt moment for me!

I immediately sent the moderator a message to introduce myself and give her a little information about My Power Mall and the introduction of the free WCM for non-profits that will start in January. I am hoping to get in touch with her before their conference call on January 13th so I can tell her more information, but even if I don't, you can bet I will be on that call!

So I hope you all have a great weekend! My oldest will be 4 years old on Sunday, so tomorrow it's a pizza party with thirty 4 year-olds!

All the best! Lisa

2 comments:

worldchangerrealitybootcampeleanorn said...

Chin up, things will get better. They say careful what you wish for. A year ago I was wishing I had more time for MPM and then I got laid off from my job. The bottom line is that I then had more time to work on MPM.

Have a happy holiday.

Eleanor

The Kozy Nook said...

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry about your unfortunate experience with E-bay. You might consider checking out an auction site called Bonanzle. I have only posted a few products, however, it didn't cost anything to place an auction item or for images. It is extremely easy to set up and you only pay a fee when you sell. You are doing a great with MPM. I am so blessed to have you on my team! I wish for you a New Year filled with good health, happiness and prosperity.

To our mutual success,
Lindy