Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just another day in boot camp!

Really it was for me anyway. After listening to the morning call, I just plugged right along with the day. I sent out more letters, followed up with some people, and started calling businesses from our neighborhood magazine. That was where the interesting stuff happened. I made one call, and got the machine, WHEW! That wasn't so bad. I basically read the script that we were provided adding my own personal touch about how I live in the neighborhood, etc., and then hung up. "OK, I can do this.", I thought. Now to the second call. I called a local dentist office and they answered. I asked to speak with the office manager, thinking (hoping) that the girl would send me to voice mail. I was informed that I was speaking with the office manager! TERROR overtook me! I have been plugging along these last few weeks, making contacts, talking to complete strangers, having no problem, but for some reason, when I started speaking I know I sounded like a babbling idiot. My only saving grace was that she was trying to sell me the services of the dental office, so after stammering through the script, she asked me if I would come in to show her what I was talking about. I had a brilliant idea at that moment! I told her that if she promised to look at the presentation tonight, that I would come by the office and speak with her and bring in my 2 sons for dental visits (the fact that they need it and we don't have a dentist yet where we live was not divulged to her :)). She agreed!

Some of the other calls were made to voice mails, so I'll try them again tomorrow. I got a message from one contact through eBay and her response was that although she appreciated what I was trying to show her, she just didn't think that she had the time to put toward a new venture because when she gets into something, she gives it all of her time. She thought that with Christmas coming up that she would just be too busy. I emailed back that I appreciated her position, and that yes, to really make this business work, there is work involved. But I also invited her to just get a free business mall and do some shopping to get the valuable rebates. If anything, she can save some money on the purchases she is going to make anyway for Christmas. I explained how there is no obligation and that in the future if she is interested in upgrading to a World changer Mall, it is one click away.

So that's how it went folks! Hope you have a good night!

Lisa

3 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi Lisa,

Way to GO! I understand about the babbling idiot moment. I did the same thing the other day when I got the jitters before calling, and my messages likely showed it. But, you just settle in after awhile. Good job.

worldchangerrealitybootcampeleanorn said...

Good for you, Lisa. Practice makes perfect. You will find your voice.

The Kozy Nook said...

Hi Lisa, you are doing great! It is very motivational to hear about your daily events and the different comments from the people you meet. Have a wonderful weekend.