Friday, December 5, 2008

Boot Camp Week 2 Day 5

Hey guys! Phew! What a way to end the week. This week was so full of emotions that I hardly know where to begin. There were definitely highs and lows, but now that it is over, it feels so worth it! I really understood Ginny's comments today about pressure and stress. I started to analyze the things that have been going on in my life lately and had to re-evaluate some of the things that I thought were stress. They really turned out to be pressure and I was turning them into stressful situations. I decided to make my day less about the stress and just try to put MPM into my daily life. It's not that I wasn't doing that before, but I felt STRESSED every day to get my 5 contacts. (Refer to the blog a few days ago about the almost-speeding ticket :)). Once I let go of those stresses, I just felt more calm.

I stopped into a gas station today to get a coke and a group of hurricane relief workers were taking a break. there are still clean-up crews from all over the country here to get after the devastation of Hurricane Ike. Of course, the coastal areas were hit the hardest, but even in the Northern areas of Houston, there is still clean-up to do. As I walked by to get inside the store, they all smiled and said hello. I stopped myself from just walking by and saying hello. I stopped and asked them if they would do me a favor. Once the ice was broken, the rest came easy. Out of the 10, 4 of them said they wouldn't be able to check their Internet until they returned home, but the other 6 were like, "sure, I can look at it." And what do you know - 6 contacts in 10 minutes! I did take all of their contact information and the 4 others gave me their info as well, but I'll save it for a few months down the road, so that they can get THEIR lives back to normal. When I follow up with the 6, I'll make sure to emphasize the impact that a World Changer Mall can have on them and the people they help. It was a great day folks, and I really feel as if things are on the right track. Do I have one World Changer a day? No. But am I taking the necessary steps to make that a possibility? Yes.

Now I'll end with one of my favorite quotes:

"The line between failure and success is so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it." Elbert Hubbard

Have a great night everybody!
Lisa

2 comments:

bestblinddate said...

Way to go Lisa :-) Aletha

Wanda L said...

You're an inspiration Lisa. I came in to encourage you, and by reading your blog, I got encouraged:) Have another GREAT week!

Wanda